Files should be created to Pass4Press v11 http://www.ppa.co.uk/resources/guides-and-standards/production/pass4press/
(PDF/X-1a:2001 standard, PDF v1.3, Acrobat 4 compatible, composite PDF)
PDF export pre-sets & .icc profiles can also be supplied upon request.
Watch a video here.
- Files should contain 3mm bleed all round, with the appropriate bleed and crop marks. (offset 10pt)
- Colour space CMYK
- All non-printing spot colours should be converted to CMYK prior to exporting the PDF
- 300 dpi CMYK / greyscale images
- All fonts embedded or outlined
- No live matter any closer than 6mm to the trim edges
- File naming conventions are detailed within our InSite user-guide.
For perfect bound work :-
If any read across matter occurs between IFC and first text, or last text and IBC, allow for 6mm glued hinge and calculate read-across offsets accordingly.