Web and sheetfed printing can seem a bit confusing if you are unfamiliar with print. So, what are the differences between web and sheetfed printing? What difference does it make for your product?
Watch our Differences between Web and Sheetfed Printing Video.
Here at Warners Midlands we offer both web and sheet fed printing in house. Both methods are offset litho and require aluminium plates. Having both processes in house allows us to provide greater flexibility and enables us to produce a wide variety of different pagination products, run sizes and different types of printed products.
Benefits of Web Printing
- More economical over longer runs.
- requires no cutting or folding before binding.
- faster than sheetfed presses.
- Perfect for self covers.
- Perfect for text sections.
- Can use low gsm papers.
Benefits of Sheetfed printing
- Can use higher gsm papers.
- Can be used to add special spot colours and varnishes.
- Perfect for covers.
- Well suited to print large numbers of leaflets and posters.
- Less waste than web presses.
- Can use both reels and sheets to print on.
If you are still unsure or would like to know more please don’t hesitate to contact our Helpdesk