It goes without saying that the front cover design of any printed piece, be it a magazine, catalogue or brochure is hugely important.
Seeing so many different covers pass through our presses, we thought a few pointers to consider which may make the most of your cover might be helpful.
Front Cover Tips
- Putting a bestselling product on the front page with pointer to find it within the publication may increase sales. Just a quick glance at the cover can get instant involvement.
- Text you have on the cover should be easy to digest and easily understood at a glance. As many customers are bombarded with information their attention span tends to be much shorter so it is so important that their attention is “grabbed early. “
- Sometimes less can be more. By concentrating on one major theme the intrigue for the reader may make them more likely to open the piece.
- Be innovative, there are lots of ways in print to make you stand out from the opposition.
- Leave the customer or reader in no doubt as to your brand on the front page.
- If it suits your product, it is well researched and proven that a human face naturally draws attention. This also creates more of a human touch and can help to build an emotional connection between the product and its reader.
- For many people the last thing they see on a page before they leave, is the bottom right hand corner. It may be worth considering using that space to your advantage.
- Why not try using a special finish such as a Foil blocking, spot colour, scent or hologram to add that little extra wow factor.
These are just a few suggestions that you could keep in mind when designing your front page.
Over the next few weeks we will be posting a few more articles on how you can maximise the readers experience with your printed product. If you have any questions or would like to have a copy of our brochure please email our helpdesk.