Royal Mail Price Changes 2018
As of 2nd January 2018 royal mail letter price changes will be come into effect. We have been given the new prices which have been summarised below:
- Royal Mail Advertising Mail will increase on average by 2.9%
- Royal Mail Business Mail will increase on average by 4.6% overall.
- Within the Business Mail product portfolio, Publishing Mail will increase by 6.7% to ensure continued profitability of these discounted services. Royal Mail recognise the difficult market for UK Publishers, however, and will therefore be launching a volume commitment scheme that will offer a 2% price discount for maintaining baseline volumes. More details on this scheme from 7 December.
- Response Services will increase on average by 4.0%
- International Tracked and Signature Services will decrease on average by 3.1%
- International Mixed mail will increase on average by 4.3%
- International Letters will increase on average by 0.6%
- International Large Letters will increase on average by 2.4%
- International Parcels will increase on average by 1.1%
- International Response Services will increase on average by 1.0%
They go on to note that actual price changes are dependent on the services used and posting profile.
Royal Mail have offered possible solutions:
“To help you get more value from your mailings, we’d like to highlight the price efficient options below:
Ø Save circa 3% with Royal Mail Mailmark® – Many customers are enjoying the lower prices and free online analytics reporting that comes with the Mailmark option when used with Advertising Mail, Business Mail and Publishing Mail. To see how you can benefit from switching to Mailmark please visit: royalmail.com/mailmark
Ø Save with our new unsorted barcodes – Save 2p for each Letter or Large Letter by printing a simple barcode on unsorted Business and Advertising mail. For more information and to register your interest in this option, please visit: royalmail.com/barcodesavings
Ø Make further savings for sorted items presented in trays – You can benefit from savings of 0.7p per item for mailings of sorted Large Letter items presented in trays. Letters presented in trays will attract a saving of 0.27p per item. For more information and advice about how to switch to using trays please visit: royalmail.com/traysavings
Ø A range of incentives to help you grow your business – Royal Mail has a number of price incentives to help you get more value from your mailings.”
Further information can be found by visiting: royalmail.com/prices2018
If you would like to talk to us regarding your mailing costs please do not hesitate to contact your Key Account Manager or email our helpdesk.